The Records and Information Management Professionals Australasia (RIMPA) is a not-for-profit company who represent over 1,800 information management professionals and organisations in the private sector, Commonwealth, Federal, State and Local Governments.
RIMPA is the longest serving peak body for industry practitioners in the southern hemisphere and actively promotes best practice, sets industry standards and fosters professional development across all business sectors and educational institutions.
RIMPA has active Branches and Chapters operating in all states and territories across Australia and New Zealand.
Through its international partnerships with other peak bodies, RIMPA provides its members with access to an accomplished framework of professional associations.
RIMPA has strategic alliances with the Information Governance ANZ and Institute of Managers and Leaders.
RIMPA's vision is to advance, connect and encourage excellence in records and information management while advocating the values of the profession.
RIMPA's Board of Director's consists of one elected member from each Branch with a Chair elected from the Board of Directors, who formally represents the Association. The Board may consist of up to three external independent directors.
- Thomas Kaufhold (Chair, ACT)
- Tim Newbegin (Vic Chair, VIC)
- Lisa Read-White (Governance Branch)
- Rebbell Barnes (NSW)
- David Pryde (NZ)
- Petá Sweeney (QLD)
- Bonita Kennedy (SA)
- Suparna Chatterjee (WA)
- External Independent Director (vacant)
The Board meets twice per year face to face for up to two days at alternating venues across the country. The September-October meeting is held at the site of the RIMPA National Conference (RIMPA Live) which will be in Canberra in October 2020 and Sydney in September 2021.
The Board meets for three or four video-conferences of up to two hours each between major meetings.
Directors may be allocated to a portfolio of the Board which would require teleconferences from time to time.
Board papers are distributed by electronic means one week prior to meetings.
About the external independent director role
RIMPA seeks an external independent director with skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Professional development and education
- Industry networking and advocacy
- Developing new revenue streams.
- The term of appointment to the Board shall be for a period of up to three years, with eligibility for reappointment.
RIMPA is committed to ensuring those in key roles are able to fulfill their duties and responsibilities to achieve the strategic goals of the company. Board members operate in a culture of respect and participation and are expected to:
- Ably demonstrate their skills and experiences.
- Present and distribute reports in sufficient time to allow full consideration before meetings.
- Actively participate in discussions, encouraging other to participate and respect others opinions.
- Consider financial and risk management as high priorities.
- Form productive relationships with other board members and work collaboratively.
RIMPA covers the cost of travel, accommodation and meals in relation to face to face meetings and the cost of teleconferences.
Currently, Board members are not remunerated.
Eligibility for the role
To be eligible for appointment as an external independent director, you must:
- Demonstrate high level skills in one or more of the nominated areas.
- Not currently or previously be, or be eligible for, professional membership of RIMPA.
- Not hold any kind of information/records qualification.
- Not have any personal or professional relationships or positions which may constitute a conflict of interest or compromise your independence.
How to apply
Provide a CV, complete the eligibility declaration and respond to the following criteria (up to 4 pages only). Please demonstrate your:
- Qualifications and experience in one or more of the identified areas.
- Previous board experience and relevant governance training.
- Knowledge and understanding of the not-for-profit sector.
- Ability to interpret company financial reports and ensure compliance with statutes and standards.
Forward you application to: Anne Cornish – email@example.com.
External Independent Director
By ticking the following I declare I am eligible to be considered as an external independent director for the RIMPA Board.
___ I am not currently, or have previously been, eligible for membership of RIMPA.
___ I do not hold any kind of information/records qualification.
___ I do not have any personal or professional relationships or positions which may constitute a conflict of interest or compromise my independence.