AUSTRALIAN PRIMARY PRINCIPALS ASSOCIATION: OFFICE MANAGER
Part time, contracted position from March 2018 – December 2018
Based in Canberra
Working across a range of areas, the Office Manager is a self-starter who has the initiative and insight to manage a wide range of responsibilities with efficiency, calmness and an eye for detail. Reporting to, and working with, the APPA President, the person focuses on managing the office to high standards, liaising with education stakeholders and providing administrative and other support to the President, the association's 8-member Board and 28-member National Advisory Council (NAC).
Using a broad range of sought-after skills and experience, the appointee is positioned to develop these in an interesting and varied education association environment. The appointee would be responsible for:
- Organising Board, NAC and other meetings, including booking meeting venues, accommodation and flights;
- Supporting the President and Company Secretary in preparing meeting agenda and minutes of meetings, organising meeting documentation in a timely manner and assist in meeting ASIC requirements in relation to AGMs, documentation and reporting;
- Monitoring accounts, and processing invoices and payments (through a separately contracted bookkeeper);
- Ensuring the smooth working of the office administration and communicating effectively with stakeholders;
- Working with and managing a small number of APPA business partners;
- Keeping the APPA website and other social media up-to-date;
- Managing various events including functions, forum and roundtables, and supporting the management of the APPA National Conference (Perth 2018); and,
- Maintaining National Office systems and records.
This position would well suit someone who seeks interesting and flexible part-time work in 2018. The position is based at the APPA National Office in Stirling, Canberra and there is reasonable flexibility in the hours worked.
- Eligibility to work within Australia.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Enjoy, and be capable of, working independently.
To discuss further, please contact:
Dennis Yarrington (APPA President) firstname.lastname@example.org or 0466 655 468
Submit Applications to: email@example.com
The Australian Primary Principals Association (APPA) is the peak national professional body representing 7,000+ primary school principals in Government, Catholic and Independent schools. Formed in 1974 and made up of the national and state and territory primary principals' associations across Australia, APPA has strong working relationships with the Minister for Education and Training and Ministerial Office, federal parliamentarians including the Shadow Minister for Education, the Department of Education, key education stakeholders, educational institutions and education authorities.